>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Breaking The Law,

Breaking The Law...

My neighbour Oz is a production manager, and was just on tour with Judas Priest.

He offered us a couple tickets to the show here in Vancouver. My wife is a rocker and jumped at the chance to see them. It's no secret I'm a fan of the powerchord, so I was excited about the show.

After watching the opening band Anthrax (awesome!) we went to check out our seats. Nice! 10th row.


Scanning the crowd, I could see a sea of testostorone and dehydration. Red faced heavys, some old, some young - but all heavy metal psychos. I felt right at home :)

The show started, with Rob Halford screaming ominously over a hyper sustained e-chord guitar slam. I like it already! The band ripped through the 1st of many classics (my wife told me!), puntuated by Rob Halford doing many costume changes. Dude! This guy changes more than Cher .. I'm serious.

The classics progressed with Rob screaming at us that this is the product of "30 years of heavy metal!" I'm impresed Rob, I'm impressed!

All the great heavy metal show moments were there ... the power trio, the synchronized guitar swinging, the hair flicking and some kinda bizarre rugby huddle that only broke up after a lead guitar noodling session ends. I think all the kool bands should do this. Could you image Radiohead all huddled up at the front, the guitarist noodling away like Eddy Van Halen, and just as the last crazy pitch bent note rings - they all dart off in all directions just like the Red Arrows (Blue Angels for the North Americans) - that's rock n roll ;}

Throughout the night Rob played some kind of heavy metal grand wizard - which he kind of is. They performed the 2 Priest tracks I know amazingly well .. "Breaking The Law" & "Turbo Lover".

It was nice to see a bunch of English lads doing their turn so far away from home. We loved it. Thanks A Lot Oz !!