>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Kevin Keegan's Cousin



Here's a mad one. M and I went over to my co-workers (Mr Maple) apartment for a BBQ yesterday afternoon. He has a sweet apartment downtown right next to Stanley Park on the 15th floor with epic views. His place overlooks the park, Lost Lagoon, English Bay, Downtown Vancouver and has panoramic views of the mountains. Wish I would've had my camera to take some pictures. I'll have to pop back around there, take some pictures and post them.

Back to the point - During the festivities Mr Maple put this record on and it turned out to be Kevin Keegan. "He's my cousin ya know!". "No way!" Kevin Keegan is a legend for the kids of the 70's. He sported mad footballing skills, iconic haircut (LOL!) and some kool charisma. I tell you, you never know about people sometimes. Mr Maple has been my friend for some years now and I never knew.


We all had a great afternoon, with Mr Maple and our friends who are from Manchester & Wales. Mr Maple is a perfect host - serving up great food, mixing tasty Cuban drinks. Cheers! Mr Maple.