>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

ScotchLand



So here we are in bonnie Scotland. Me, M, and my brother Rumple and his mate the IrishRover all headed North to Glasgow.

Heading North we passed thru my fave part of England, and stopped in the border city of Carlisle to check out a museum which has a exhibition on my ancestors - the Reivers. I learnt that I've descended from a bunch of thieves and murderers. Fighting familes- nice!. Yes, we dwelled in the lawless (at the time) border region on the English-Scottish border and caused mayhem. Constantly fighting with other families we painted an interesting time. Yes, I read all about it today - there was even a short movie on it. The word - BEREVED means be-rievered which means - to be murdered or kidnapped by a Reiver. Nice! Shaking that off history we jumped back in the car and headed for the border of bonnie Scotland. What a bonnie place this is. The lands are raw and beautiful..

We're staying with my brothers mate here in Glasgow and he has given us the most generous hospitality and a fab tour of the town this evening. We started the eve with an authentic Scottish experience .. we ate a lovely stew as we listening to the bagpipes, followed by Shortcake and Dundee cake. yum! Afterwards we had tour of this magnificent city. Theres some fab places here, and I'll admit I'm surprised and blown away. M got to drink some Iron Bru as we walked in the pouring rain.

Tommorow we're off to Stirling to check out the Castle, then onto the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots and finishing in Edinburgh for the afternoon then back to Glasgow for a night on the town.