>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Powderhound Session 2007.1

This had to be the best opening day of anyones season.There was 36cm of fresh kill-pow (lol) that landed on the North Shore mountains in the last 24 hours. There was so much snow, you could almost smell it.

I grabbed my gear and headed upto into the mountains, Han Solo style. There was a bunch of the super geeks from the office heading up. I knew I'd bump into someone who would want to talk algorithms with me :) And sure enough I did. I also ran into a lighter from another team and we bantered about pixel shaders - alpine style (lol).

The snow was marverlous - I got some great runs in. After about 4 hours, I called it a great 1st day and headed back down the mountain in the snowy darkenss.

Here's the video I made of the day, enjoy.