>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Powderhound Session 2007-9

Last night was a lovely sunny evening, there was 6cm of new snow on the local moutains so Oz and I decided to head up for a gold tier, blue-ribbon award evening session.

The mountains were beautiful. Perfect light with a powder-blue sky. The views were expansive - North into the range, East over the Cascades, West over Vancouver Island, South over-looking Vancouver, Georgia Straight and the US. I tell you, I've travelled all over the Pacific Northwest and this is probably the best view to be seen. M's out and about with the camera, so no pictures or movies I'm afraid.

Back to the session .. The mountain was empty, so plenty of opportunity to get some speed up. We had many great runs as the sun faded and the stars appeared. The temperature dropped, but that didn't matter since we'd been stoking the fires building up steam all evening - besides my board had slid of the car and an edge smacked me right in the cheek ... so I needed some 'ice' on my face.

After a great night, we headed down the mountain, stopping at the lookout overlooking the city ... twinkling lights forever, then continued on to get some tasty garlic pizza on Davie St .. a cheese medal for our calorie burning expedition.

The season is drawing to a close, probably only a few sessions left.