>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Local Yocal

One of the things that's going me going over the last year is -- local music. Time after time we've checked out some great local bands. I've not really experienced this for for ages - we're talking Manchester - 1987-1990 times here.... Stone Roses, Happy Mondays ...etc... heading down to the Boardwalk, heading down to The International to watch these local bands.

Anyways, M and I was feeling hungry on the way home from downtown the other night and decided to head over to one of our fave places - The Main - for some food and good times. As ever, great food .. nice people .. great ambience, we got chatting to a couple from Portland and Vancouver ... who ended up being the bands for the evening.

Well, I couldn't have been more impressed. 1st up was - Chris Robley ... bloody great. It has it's time and place ... but it's pure quality. He reminds us of our friend Al in Seattle. His CD is brilliant - great compostion, great tunes and really interesting production. In fact, he was in the Spin Magazine 2006 top-10 CD's you've never heard. That single line must be frustrating for him.

He was followed by Amy Honey .. co-owner of Red Cat Records on Main St ... fan-dabby-dosy. Great singer,a mean guitar player, great crafted songs ... I'm a fan. She's playing here in Vancouver shortly if anyone wants to come on down ... Her live performance does her more justice than her MySpace site...

Here's the links ....

Click me - Chris Moberly

Click me - Chris Moberly

Click me - Amy Honey