>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Bike To Work

It's one of those long weekends where I have to work. The rest of the city is off for adventures in nearby cities, epic nature destinations or just choosing to stick around and hang out with friends.

I needed to 'kick it up a notch', so I decided to sit back consider the days options and see what positivity I could bring. My plan, cycle into work, fix some bugs, eat some of the amazing Italian catering we get on the roof deck, fix a few more bugs, get one of the *free* Shiatsu massages with the Japanese lady who comes into the office - then cycle back home. Woah, that sounds good! So that's what I did.

I took my regular ride along False Creek to Stanley Park, then was amazed the bike path actually went through the park, onto Coal Harbour and down to my office. Thrilling. Here's a travelogue of my 12KM ride...



Leaving Home

Joining the bike trail down the road

Cycling in the shade of the leafy boulevards

Onto False Creek, Near Science World

Stopping to check out Inuksuit being constructed

Onto Lower Yaletown

Past The New Condo's in Yaletown

Past Granville Island & under the Burrard Bridge

Onto Sunset Beach

Into Stanley Park

Around Lost Lake, Stanley Park

Around Coal Harbour

Past the boats

Past the mega condo's on Coal Harbour

Stopping to watch the sea planes take off

Arriving at work


Bug fixing time.