>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Powderhound Session 2008.5

Striker called me and said the Frisco Kid was going to be in Whistler on a business meeting, would I like to come up and hang out on a lads weekend? "Errm, yes!". That sounded great, plus it`d be great to see Frisco Kid. Not fancying driving up the sea-to-sky highway I caught the Greyhound bus. The Greyhound has a bad reputation in North America for being a little bit slummy. I had a good ride with all the jolly Canadians all looking fwd to some world class boarding. I fell asleep on the bus, and awoke to have the dude next to me asleep on my shoulder. :)
...
The dudes were waiting for me at the bus stop - Striker, Frisco Kid, The Menace and The Developer. First port of call - a big slap up Indian meal then off to the Irish Pub. Much fun. Whistler was covered in snow and the walk-ways surrounded by snow banks - haven't seen it like that for a while.
...
Following day, we .. the Best Of The West reps (Vancouver, Seattle & San Francisco) hit Blackcomb. The Menace and The Developer know this mountain well so they gave us an excellent introducing us to some epic runs on the back side of the mountain. I`m a believer again. The powder was deep and epic ... weather mixed .. snowy, then clear, then windy .. then calm. Weather changed per run based on exposure to the elements. Much fun ... lots of laughs ... and great boarding all day.
...
Later in the afternoon, exposed near the glacier peak the chairs broke down. We were left dangling for around 15mins with winds battering us. Periodically they'd start it up and slam on the breaks ... the chairs bounced and swung. There's a clip in the movie of this. A great, great day.