>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Black Angels


DubmasterC and I headed down to the see The Black Angels the other night. It's been a while since I've seen a rowdy drone pychedelic band so I was super looking fwd to watching them. I was not dissapointed - their sound was fantastic ... loud, mega-drony, hypnotic and beautiful. Quality band for sure. Of note the drummer (blond haired girl) was really great - fab drummer.
....
I got talking the dude selling the merchandise. I asked him how he liked Vancouver, he responded "Beautiful dude, but it's stays light really late and it's freaking me out". Really? Is it that different from Austin, Tx? Guess so -- I remember being in England last summer and being surprised at the extra hour of daylight in summer.