>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Monday, January 02, 2006


Walking With Merry Legs

Boxing Day arrived with an invite from my brother to follow him in a fine English tradition - The Pub Crawl. We accepted with a mix of fear and excitement. So off we went with the 1st stop at the Liberal club down the road. A funny place full of local friendly folk. One nice old lady overheard we was hungry and invited us to her house for dinner. I thanked her and declined the offer. She was really, really insistent. In the end I told her .. "you don't want me coming around to your house for dinner, I'm a vegetarian" .. she replied ... "That's OK love, I dropped the chicken on the floor today anyways. You can have a plate full of Brussell Sprouts instead!" LOL!!! LOL!!! Everyone loved M. and had many chats with her about her life. Strangers heard the accent and wanted to come chat. Many people shook our hands. Really nice people.

After a while we headed down in the town centre for pub#2. A really old school pub that I'd never been in. We watched Manchester United, chatted and shook more hands and headed of to pub#3. Again!!! a pub I've not been in -- super old school. Now, you have to know that when I get impressed with old places they ARE REALLLLLLY old because everything is old here. They had a 20ft Xmas tree and the place was filled with characters.

At this point there was a break in the ranks, and my Brother headed off for some rest before his party in the evening. We continued to pub#4 - an old Irish pub in the centre of the town. Sadly, it's seen better times and we was blinded by the full on lights. Yikes, turn those down!. Anyways, the crawl came to an end and we headed home for some well earned rest.