>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

New MySpace Track


I've added a new track to my >>kormacurry>>sound>>system mySpace site.

The track is called Lighthouse Park, named after one of my fave Vancouver parks ;} It features a lot of synth strings. Interestingly enough ... prior to putting this tune together I watched a documentary with Paul McCartney and he was re-collecting his days and about some of his past arrangements. One part he discussed how to get the best out of a string section .. paraphrasing here ... "They love playing pieces with lots of movement and flow - sweeping". Now I'm no John Williams but I got his point, so when I sat down at the keyboard for a "DIY Session" I remembered this lesson, and imagined myself giving a score to a string section and how they'd like to play it -- the result - Lighthouse Park. As the track progresses, you'll hear a progression across multiple octaves .. when you listen to this.. think of the dudes down there in the orchestra pit playing away -- smiles on their face. Hopefully :)

Check it out here... CLICK ME