>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Elevation

We took our neighbours out for dinner last night as a big thank-you for taking care of our house whilst on vacation. After a delicious Cuban meal we headed downtown to catch the back-end of a U2 tribute band called Elevation. It's been some years since I've seen a 'official' tribute band, so I was curious of how good they'd be. I was totally impressed. They sounded amazing!. I'm serious, absolutely incrediable. "The Unforgettable Fire" was a thing of beauty, complete with synth strings "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" - amazing. "I Will Follow" - something else. "New Years Day" - fantastic!. The musicians are fantastic. Being into guitars I was notably impressed with how guitarist had the Edge's sound down perfectly.

You have to take it for what it is of course, and you can debate the merits of such a band - but there's no denying how amazing they sounded and how everyone was enjoying the show. A few beers, a top band and some of the best songs around - a good night.