>> KORMACURRY BLOG >>

This is where we share our world.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Back In England
....
The tripover was good - but long. Left Vancouver and drove to Seattle Wednesday morning, dropped my car off at Madame Andalucia's, had some lunch then she took me to the airport. Flight was late so I chilled out in the bar and enjoyed a few pre-flight beverges. Boarded the plane - window seat. I'm having great luck at meeting interesting travel companions on the flights - this time was Mic. a Irish font designer from Microsoft. We had a good laugh all the way back, talked fonts, the merit of debug mono-spaced fonts and all things graphic design. We enjoyed a few beers, he fell asleep so I checked out the arctic stars flying over Greenland listening to the new Black Mountain album - epic.
....
Landed in London. Delayed getting of the plane as the the steps were'nt correct. Finally got off in T4 followed the signs for T1 connections until the bread crumb trail of signage evaporated. A quick stop at the info desk fixed me up ... a long walk, a train ride (what!) and another long walk to T1. By this time I was over 2.5 hours late for the Manchester flight. No worries, they got me on the next flight (it's regular). A nice 35 min short flight, a delightful tour over the Peak District before landing ... topped the flight of nicely. My brother met and in grand tradition forgot where parked..
Great to be home. Wedding tommorow!